It is an objective of the Dungarvan & West Waterford Chamber, to establish improved links with An Rinn and Sean Phobal, in addition to promoting the use of the Irish language in business. Whether it is fluent Gaeilge or just ‘cúpla focal’ you can speak, we can support you implement this into your business activity!
Joining up with Comhlacht Forbartha na nDeise and Waterford County Council, the Dungarvan & West Waterford Chamber can offer you the following opportunities;
1. Offer support and advice to members in regard to the use of the Irish language as part of their business.
2. Offer a translation and advice service (free of charge) available from Máire Seo Breathnach, Irish Officer with Waterford County Council and Cabrini De Barra of Gaeltacht na nDéise, to local businesses who wish to produce signage or other business materials through Irish or bilingually.
3. Source information in regard to possible funding streams to support businesses in providing Irish or bilingual signage, etc
4. Provide information in regard to Irish language classes or other events organised within Gaeltacht na nDéise through Irish.
5. Support the establishment of a network of business people who might be interested in developing the use of the Irish language within businesses in the area.
6. The possible development of an awards scheme, so as to provide recognition to businesses within Dungarvan and West Waterford who wish to promote the language.
For further details on any of our social activities or training events, please don’t hesitate to contact the Chamber office on 058 45054 or firstname.lastname@example.org