This year we hope to build on the progress of 2013, with the introduction of new categories and a simplified nominations process that we hope will encourage everyone to get involved. We want businesses who feel that they excel in any category to nominate themselves, but we also want to see customers highlighting good service and innovative products by nominating businesses they have had good experiences with. We encourage everyone to support the individuals doing exceptional work in business and in our community by nominating them. We have a wide range of categories and there really is something for everyone. This year’s categories are:
- Green / Smart Travel/ Conservation – sponsored by Go Dungarvan, with the Dep. of the Environment Community & Local Government, through Environment Dep. Waterford City & County Council
- Business Partnering – sponsored by Ulster Bank
- Emerging New Business – sponsored by TQS
- Communications/ Marketing/ Social Media – sponsored by Dungarvan Enterprise Centre
- Customer Service Excellence – sponsored by the Cliff House Hotel
- Production/ Innovation Excellence – sponsored by GSK
- Food/ Agri Business – sponsored by McDonalds
- Health & Well Being – sponsored by Bank of Kilmacthomas
Individual Achievement Awards
- Contribution to the community/ person of the year – sponsored by Terra Nua
- Employee of the year – sponsored by The Workcoach
- Employer of the year – sponsored by Dungarvan Leader
- Women in Business – sponsored by Mary & Mollie – Main Street Traders
- Men in Business – sponsored by SGC Cinema
- Entrepreneur of the year – sponsored by WLR FM
Grand Prizes sponsored by FBD:
- Dungarvan & West Waterford Business of the Year Award
- Dungarvan & West Waterford Ambassador of the Year
The winners in each category will receive a framed certificate and a commemorative piece. All category winners are then put forward to the two Grand Prize Categories sponsored by FBD worth €1000.
The awards are open to all to enter and you can make multiple nominations using our simple online nomination form. The closing date for entries is 5pm on Friday 26th of September, with the final winners announced at our Awards Night in Lismore Castle on the 7th of November. Check out our judging criteria for all categories and terms and conditions of entry before you nominate. Nomination forms are also available from the Chamber Office above High Street Medical Centre or by contacting us on 058 45054.
So get involved and help us make sure that those who do great work get the recognition they deserve!
The Dungarvan & West Waterford Chamber, the prime representative forum of businesses in the locality, aims to further stimulate investment, sustained economic growth and enhanced quality of life for all and is delighted to partner FBD and other sponsors for this venture. Our continued involvement in the Awards underlines our enthusiasm and commitment to further develop business potential locally and the importance of Ambassadors who promote Dungarvan and West Waterford as a vibrant destination in which to Work, Rest, Play and Visit.
With 30 years’ experience in insurance, FBD is the 2nd largest Insurance company in Ireland. Commenting on their sponsorship of the awards, Michael Colivet, Area Manager with FBD said “FBD are committed to excellence in business and we are delighted to continue to work with the Chamber for this initiative, particularly as we see its dramatic growth.”