Celebrating excellence in our community, these awards recognise the hard work and commitment of the people and businesses that make West Waterford such a wonderful place to live and work in.
Building on the reputation and success of previous years, our 2017 Business Awards will recognise achievement in 11 categories, with an overall Grand Prize sponsored by FBD Insurance worth €1000. This will also be the second year of our ‘People’s Choice Award’, a hugely popular award voted for entirely by the public through social media.
This is an important opportunity to acknowledge and reward progressive local businesses for their dedication, vision and contribution to our community. We want businesses who feel that they excel in any category to nominate themselves, but we also hope that customers who have had great experiences with local service and products will take the time to get involved. We have a diverse range of categories with something to suit everyone and the nomination process is simple.
This year’s categories are:
- Customer Service Excellence Award –sponsored by Dungarvan Leader
- Excellence in Local Produce Award – sponsored by The Cliff House Hotel
- Emerging New Business Award – sponsored by AIB
- Success & Innovation Award – sponsored by Eurofins Food Testing
- Best Social Media Presence 2017 Award – sponsored by WLR FM
- Best Place to Eat – sponsored by Dungarvan Credit Union
- Irish in Business Award – sponsored by Comhlucht Forbartha na nDeise
- Arts, Culture & Heritage Award – sponsored by SGC Cinema
- Export Company of the Year (Service orProduct) – sponsored by Sunlife Financial
- Business Man of the Year – sponsored by McDonalds
- Business Woman of the Year – sponsored by Denise Radley Auctioneers
West Waterford Business People’s Choice Award – sponsored by Terra Nua Building Contractors
The winners in each category will receive a framed certificate and a commemorative piece. All category winners will then be considered for the overall ‘Business of the Year Award’ sponsored by FBD. Nominations will remain open until 5pm Wednesday September 27th, so get nominating! The shortlists will be announced for all categories on Friday the 13th of October and the public vote for ‘People’s Choice will open the following week on our Facebook page. The winners will be announced at our Awards Night in Lismore Castle on Friday 3rd of November.
Applications will be independently judged by RIKON at Waterford Institute of Technology and judging criteria for all categories and terms & conditions of entry are available on this website, along with links to our simple online nomination form. Nomination forms are also available from the Chamber Office above High Street Medical Centre or by contacting us on 058 45054.
The nomination procedure is simple and is open to both the public and business owners- you can make multiple nominations using our simple online nomination form. Please note that our online nomination form does not allow you to save your work or exit and return to the form, so we advise you to write up your nomination before you begin and copy/paste it into the form.
Step by step online nomination:
- Choose your nominee and the category you wish to enter them in, or select the category you’d like your business to be considered for.
- Consult the judging criteria for the relevant category and base your nomination on the ways in which your nominee/business meets these criteria.
- When you are happy with your nomination, go to the online application form and follow the simple steps, pasting your prepared nomination into the form.
- Submit your nomination.
- And you’re done! Thank you for getting involved!
If you would prefer to fill out a hard copy nomination, forms are also available from the Chamber Office above High Street Medical Centre or by contacting us on 058 45054. Terms and conditions apply.
Help Us to Celebrate Excellence in Our Community – Get Involved!