When someone does something exceptionally well they deserve to be recognised. Be it excellent customer service, innovative business thinking or dedicated work in our community, committed people and businesses who take pride in their work make our community a better place to live and work.
This year’s Dungarvan & West Waterford Chamber/ FBD Business Awards 2014 saw the introduction of new categories and a simplified nominations process that encouraged hundreds of entries. We wanted businesses who felt that they excelled in any category to nominate themselves, but we also wanted to see customers highlighting good service and innovative products by nominating businesses they’d had good experiences with. The huge response we’ve received will guarantee that the very best candidates are recognised on this year’s shortlist, due to be released on the 17th of October. This year’s awards recognise excellence in the following categories:
- Green / Smart Travel/ Conservation – sponsored by Go Dungarvan, with the Dep. of the Environment Community & Local Government, through Environment Dep. Waterford City & County Council
- Business Partnering – sponsored by Ulster Bank
- Emerging New Business –sponsored by TQS
- Communications/ Marketing/ Social Media – sponsored by Dungarvan Enterprise Centre
- Customer Service Excellence – sponsored by the Cliff House Hotel
- Production/ Innovation Excellence – sponsored by GSK
- Food/ Agri Business – sponsored by McDonalds
- Health & Well Being – sponsored by Bank of Ireland Kilmacthomas
Individual Achievement Awards
- Contribution to the community/ person of the year – sponsored by Terra Nua
- Employee of the year – sponsored by The Workcoach
- Employer of the year – sponsored by Dungarvan Leader
- Women in Business – sponsored by Mary & Mollie – Main Street Traders
- Men in Business – sponsored by SGC Cinema
- Entrepreneur of the year – sponsored by WLR FM
Grand Prizes sponsored by FBD:
- Dungarvan & West Waterford Business of the Year Award
- Dungarvan & West Waterford Ambassador of the Year
The winners in each category will receive a framed certificate and a commemorative piece. All category winners are then put forward to the two Grand Prize Categories sponsored by FBD worth €1000.
Nominations are now closed for the 2014 Awards. The shortlist will be compiled by RIKON, our independent adjudicators, based on the judging criteria and terms & conditions outlined. The final winners announced at our Awards Night in Lismore Castle on the 7th of November.